How to Delete and Deactivate your Facebook Account Permanently: Are you tired of the leading social media platform called Facebook? Are you Ready for social media break. Do you want to quit Facebook temporally or permanently. Then this article is for.
There basically two methods provided by Facebook if you want to quit your their platform and they are:
- To deactivate Account
- To delete Account
You may either decide to deactivate or to Delete your Facebook.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account | Deactivate Your Account Temporally
We shall first of all discourse how to deactivate your Facebook Account before we discuss how to delete it. We shall also tell you some of the privacy issues associated with deactivated an account with Facebook. According to facebook.com/help, You can deactivate your account temporarily and choose to come back whenever you want.
So if you are ready and you need a Facebook break, then follow the guides here in this article to get started.
- To begin, kindly Login to your Facebook Account
- Locate and click on your Settings & Privacy tab.
- Scroll down and Click on Account Ownership and Control. This is just beneath the Facebook Information.
- You will see the Deactivation and Deletion tab
- Kindly Select the Deactivate Account option to Continue.
- Lastly, carefully the rest of the guides to deactivate your Account.
Note: That this option if for persons using mobile device. However, if you are using a Desktop computer, kindly use the steps to deactivate your account.
- Login to your Facebook Account with your Desktop computer
- Go to and click on the General Tab.
- Select Manage Account and Click on Edit
- Once you click on it, you will see the rest of the guides you need.
Once you are done, you can easily download a copy of all your data on Facebook—posts, photos, videos, chats, etc..
What will Happen If You deactivated your Facebook Account:
Below are some of the things that will happen if you deactivate your Facebook Account.
- Your Facebook profile will no longer be publicly seen though some of your information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be open to your friends.
- Your Facebook name may still appear in your Facebook friends list
- You post and comments may still be visible in groups and other posts.
- You may still be able to chat with friends on Messenger. that is if you choose to keep Messenger active.
Finally, If you’d like to come back to Facebook, then you must consider reactivating your Account.
To Reactivate your Account, kindly follow this link here to reactivate your Account. However, you must remember or have access to your login details and your email or mobile number. This will help you to complete the reactivation.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
My aim here is to teach you how to delete your Facebook Account Permanently. However, Facebook has made things a lot easy for you. So before deleting your account, you may want to log in and download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Facebook. This is because you may not have access to any informations once it is deleted.
To learn how to delete your Facebook Account Permanently,
- Go get started, Login to your Facebook Account.
- Got to the Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left hand column.
- Click on Deactivation and Deletion as shown in the image below.
- Select Permanently Delete Account and click on the Continue to Account deletion.
- Then you will be ask to perform some actions. Kindly do that to proceed
- Lastly enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
Can I Cancel my Account Deletion?
Normally, Facebook gives you a period one month before you account will be permanently deleted. So in case you you decide to change your mind, you can do so before the expiration of 30 days.
To cancel your Account deletion, kindly follow the steps above.
Conclusion on How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
Before we conclude, I would love to share with you some consequences associated when a Deleted Facebook Account. Take a look at some of them here.
- You ca not reactivate that particular Account you deleted. This means that your profile, photos, posts, videos, and everything else you’ve added will be permanently deleted.
- By default, you will not be able to use Facebook Login for other apps you may have signed up for using your Facebook account, like Spotify or Pinterest.
- Lastly, although the account have been deleted, Some information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to them after you delete your account. This is because the messages you have sent are stored in your friends’ inbox.
Thank you so much for reading our article today on How to Delete and Deactivate your Facebook Account Permanently.
Hope this article was helpful
However, if you have any questions or contributions, please make use of the comment box below.