How to Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Permanently is one of the most widely ask questions on the web concerning windows 10 Operating system.
How To Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates – One challenge most people have when it comes to Windows 10 is the issue of automatic updates. Of course, it is usually annoying when you are using your data and your PC apps install on its own without permission or notice. I am certain that given a chance, you will want to know how to disable Windows 10 automatic uploads permanently.
Recently in May 2019, Microsoft, released their most recent update of Windows 10. The features of this new update includes a light theme, speed improvements, and lots of software polishing to better the xperience of users.
In spite of these features and importance of keeping your PC updated, most people are not happy with the frequent updates that automatically updates itself without even notice. This updates changes the functioning of your PC and consume lots of your Megabyte in the process of updating. Most of which are unplanned.
So because of the frequent searches and questions on the web about how to permanently fix the issue of Windows Updates, we have decided to write this article for you today.
Therefore, all we ask of you is to carefully follow our guides to securely disable windows 10 Updates permanently.
How To Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Permanently by Yourself
The funny thing is that most time when you are still using your PC, you will be forced to either Shutdown or Restart your PC in order to update your Operating System. This is very tiring and disturbing. Most times it will take about 10 to even 30 minutes or more to update depending on the speed of your PC.
If this have been your issues, and you want to put to an end to it, then follow this article to the end.
- Through the Windows Service Update
- By using Windows Group Policy Editor
- Through your Meter Network Connection Center
1. How to Disable Update through the Windows Service Update Center
Using this method may only disable the the updates for some times. But may begin to automatically update itself again after a long while. In spite of this, we shall also give you the guides. Below are thee steps you need to take.
Step 1 Run and search for Service.msc
- To get started, Kindly Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to bring the Windows Run box as show in the image below.
- When the Run Box is displayed, Kindly type services.msc in the space and press Enter.
See Image below for guides
Step 2 Locate the Windows Update and Click on it.
- The next step is to scroll down and locate the Windows Update.
- When you locate it, kindly double-click on it.
See Image below for guides:
Step 3 Select the Disable Option from the Start Up Window
- A window dashboard will be displayed like the one in the image below:
- Kindly select Disabled and click Apply and OK to save the settings.
You May Also Like: Best android emulators for pc | how to run andriod apps on windows & mac
2. How to Disable Windows 10 Update by using Windows Group Policy Editor
The main of the group policy editor is to let you know once there is a new windows Update. However, it will not automatically update itself or install themselves on your computer.
To learn how to disable the windows 10 automatic Update through the group policy, kindly follow the guides and steps below:
Step 1 Run and Search for Gpedit.msc
- Press the Windows logo key + R then type gpedit.msc and click OK.
Step 2 Open the Computer Configuration Center
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update.
Step 3 Disable the Automatic Update
- Double-click Configure Automatic Updates.
- Select Disabled in Configured Automatic Updates on the left, and click Apply and OK to disable the Windows automatic update feature.
You May Also Like: How to Install Windows on Mac PC | Install with boot camp mac now
3. How to Disable Automatice Update Through your Meter Network Connection Center
The only means to use this method is only if you are using a Wi-Fi. That is if you are connected using the Wi-Fi.
If you are connected to a Wi-Fi and you wish to use this method, please kindly follow the guides below to use this method and disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Permanently.
- If you are connected to Wi-Fi, then click on the Start Icon. This is located at the bottom left on your desktop as shown in the image below
- Thereafter, you will see the Windows Settings Icon also. Kindly click on it.
- A window settings box will display, Kindly click on the Network & Internet as shown in the image below.
- You will be taken to another box where you will see the Wi-Fi Button at the left hand side of the screen.
- Kindly click on the Wi-Fi Connection button to continue as shown in the image below:
- Click on “Advanced Options” and select the Set as metered connection and turn it on.
You May Also Like: Instagram alternative app | How to share your photos without trace
Thank you for reading this article today on How To Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Permanently. Hope you enjoyed.
However, in case you have any contributions, comments and questions that you wish to make, please fell free to share with us.
To share your opinion about this article, kindly use the comment box below. You can also use it contact us for any assistance if you encounter any problems trying to perform this action.
Thanks for your time.