There are basically three ways to install Windows on your Mac. These ways are either through using the Built in Mac Boot Camp Manager, a native feature of the mac OS operating system, or you can use a third party virtualization program. Either of the ways are good however, they are associated with their own advantage and disadvantage. Learn How to Install windows on mac without boot camp today with the Mac Utility Disk.
In our previous article, we discussed How to Install Windows on Mac PC with the Mac Boot Camp. However for knowledge sake, we shall give you brief background of what the Mac Boot Camp is.
What is Mac Boot Camp Manager
Boot Camp is an Assistant App that is built into the Mac operating system. The main purpose of this Application software is to lets you install Windows as a bootable operating system on an Intel-based Mac computer.
It’s main duty is to give you the assistance you need while installing Windows Operating system on your Mac PC. However, I believe that the only restriction is that your Mac PC must be an Intel Graphics Processor. So that you can
What is a Virtualization Program
Virtualization programs are third-party applications which let you to install a different Operating System on one PC. So you can either use them jointly or separately on the same PC. These third party applications are designed to behave like any other app on your Mac PC.
Furthermore, there are some popular virtualization programs out there today. Some of them includes programs like the VirtualBox, Parallels, and VMware.
Note that each of these third party applications has their peculiarities. So before you decide to use any, make sure to check their advantages and disadvantages.
How to Install windows on mac without boot camp | Install with Utility Disk
Before now, many persons thinks it is impossible to run the kind of operation we are teaching here today. This is How to Install windows on mac without boot camp. However, just like I said in my previous article, nothing is impossible in the world of computer. This has played out today.
In this guide, our main aim is to teach you how to Install Windows 10 on Mac without the Boot Camp Assistant Manager.
To carry our this duty, you must note that it involves creating a new partition for the Windows Operating System in your Mac PC. You will also need to set up a bootable Windows 10 USB device. Thereafter, you will install Windows 10 on your Mac.
Learn the Steps to Install Windows Os on Mac PC without Boot Camp Assistant.
We are going to be showing you these steps with the help of images. So you need to read the information and study the image as well.
Learn How to Install windows on mac without boot camp now.
- To get started, kindly turn on your Mac PC. Then Open the Launchpad, select the Other Option and click on the Disk Utility as shown in the image below.
- After Opening the Mac Disk Utility, kindly select the SSD or HDD drive your want to work on. It is located at the top left side of the screen as shown in the image below:
- The next step is to click on the small “+” symbol. This symbol will create a new partition for you.
- Select and name the newly created partition. Note: that is where you will later install Windows Operating System.
- The next step is for you to select the size (at least 40 GB). Thereafter, you will choose the format as DOS (FAT) or ExFAT. See the image below:
Note that you should only click on the Partition button the moment you see the warning message. After the new partition is ready, kindly close Disk Utility. See the image below:
N0 5. Step
- At this stage of this installation, you will have to prepare bootable Windows 10 installation media.
- So we recommend that you download and run UNetbootin (free) and prepare the bootable USB of Windows 10. Kindly click the link to download. See image below:
N0 6 Step
- After setting and preparing your bootable media, Then simply restart your Mac PC.
- While the system is restarting, kindly press or hold the down the Alt (Option) key till the dashboard you are looking for appears.
- Thereafter, an option named Windows will appear. Kindly select it.
- This is a big Warning. Do not select the EFI option unless you are certain about your choice.
- There after, your installation of Windows on your Mac will begin depending on the option selected. See image below:
N0 7. Step
- At this stage, you will have follow the on-screen guides and the select the newly created partition (be sure to select the right partition)
- Click the Format Button to empty the partition through NTFS.
- After this, then click on the partition you just formatted
- And click on the Install button to continue installing Windows on your Mac. See Image below for Guides:
N0 8. Step
The process in this stage is very easy. So all you need to do is to kindly follow the rest of the guides that will provided.
N0 10. Step
This is the final stage. All you need to do here is to carefully wait for your PC to finish installation. Then your PC is completely set in two different Operating system.
I will recommend that you perform some check to make sure that the Windows Operating System is working properly.
In case you discover any malfunctioning, kindly Once Windows is installed on your Mac, check if everything works fine, then kindly download device drivers (Boot Camp drivers) from Apple.
To learn more about the Boot Camp drivers on Windows 10 without Boot Camp Assistant software, then click the link above.
Thank you so much for reading this article today on How to Install windows on mac without boot camp | Install with Utility Disk.
Hope it was helpful.
However, feel free to use the comment box below for your Contributions and Comments.