Are you having issues with your Keyboard? Do you want a quick solution? If your answers to the above questions is a big yes, then kindly follow this article today on How to fix and repair your keyboard now. This means that if your keyboard is not working in your laptop, you will will definitely be needing this article.
My Keyboard is not working in my laptop – How to Fix and Repair
In this phase of our art9cle, we shall be showing you how to troubleshoot and fix your Keyboard PC. So, all you need to do is to carefully follow and read this article to the end.
1. Restart your Laptop
Basically, the first and the basic step to take when you are experiencing any difficulty with your PC is to restart your PC. This is first troubleshooting guide you can get anywhere.
2. Check whether or not the it is Software or a Hardware issue.
The first thing to do is to determine whether or not the issue you’re having is a hardware or software issue. we shall in this article showing you how to determine whether it is a software or hardware issue; Thus, kindly follow the steps below.
- Try Using the On screen Keyboard
On screen keyboard is what will help you determine whether or not it is a software or hardware issue
After restarting your PC and the there was no change, you should try using the On screen Keyboard on your Computer. Thus, follow the guide below to learn how to locate your on screen keyboard immediately.
- Go to your Window search box and enter On screen Keyboard
- You will the On Screen Keyboard Icon, kindly click on it.
- It will automatically display the screen for you to use and type.
- Try using it to type.
See image below for more guide.
- Try Using Keyboard Tester.com
There are many online softwares you can use to test whether your keyboard has a software or hardware issue. However, in this article we shall be showing you one of the softwares to help you determine whether or not its a hardware or software issue. I personally recommend keyboard tester .com
To use keyboard tester .com, kindly follow the steps bellow:
- Open a web browser and search for https://www.keyboardtester.com/
- Scroll down and locate the Lunch Tester Button. Once you locate it, you click on it.
- After clicking on it you will automatically be transferred to another page where you will start testing your keyboard immediately
- You will be required to test your keys one after the other by entering them in the space as shown below.
- Try scanning your PC for virus
As we know well that the computer is made up of the hardware and software. The proper function of the software enables the hardware to function properly and vice versa. So therefore, when the the software is likely to be malfunctioning, one of the things could be the detect of virus and one of the ways to get rid of these virus is by scanning your PC with a very good anti-virus that is up to date.
Conclusion – Keyboard not working in laptop and How to Fix it
Generally, if your keyboard is having a hardware issue, then you should consider changing your keyboard entirely by meeting a computer technician. However, you the reason why your keyboard is not working is because of software issue, You will definitely be needing a good anti-virus software to scan and update your PC from virus and other malwares.
Finally we would like to appreciate you for reading this article today on keyboard not working in laptop – How to Fix and Repair my keyboard.
For any questions or contributions, you can use the comment box below to reach us.